Right about now I should be arriving at the airport in Vienna, and slowly departing for Dubai. Just a 6 hour flight :) I will be staying there for a week, so starting from Monday 24th March you can expect new photos from there on the blog. And until then, feel free to follow me on my Facebook page, where I will post behind the scenes photos form the trip.
The center of Bratislava is full of crazy and lovely statues. I really prefer the classic ones to the modern statues. And this is one that’s one of the favorites there :) This photo is from summer of 2010.
I was going through my photos, trying to decide what to post today, and I came across this one from the new years fireworks from this year. The photo was a little colorless because of the fog, but I played a little around with the tint, pushing it a little more towards purple, and it became quite colorful :)
For today’s process post, I chosen this shot, just taken one sleepless night from the balcony of my flat :)
Then I followed with these edits (layers numbered from bottom up)
1. The combined image from all 84 exposures
2. Recovered the buildings from one of the exposures (I didn’t liked the lights the merging created)
3. Color Efex pro contrast on the sky to add more contrast and detail to it.
4. Added more contrast to the sky
5. Removed noise from the buildings
6. Added detail using High pass filter
7. Color balance to cool down the buildings
8. Added more contrast overall
9. Merged layer with few passing planes removed from the sky
10+11. Added glow to the photo
And that’s all :)