Using my photos
I’m a big fan of Creative Commons license, and I encourage people to share my photos. I want my photos to be seen. But there are some people, that don’t understand, that Creative Commons and free is not the same. I hate seeing a photo of mine on a commercial page, where the author of the page even takes credit for that photo. I think it’s really disrespectful to me and my work.
So for those who don’t know what Creative Commons means. You can (if you include my name and a link to my page):
- download my photos
- share them on your Facebook page, Pinterest etc.
- use them in posts on your blog
- use them in compilation posts (for instance.. 20 nice churches in HDR and similar..)
but you can’t
- share my photos without giving me the proper credit
- share my photos on your company’s page (even if the subject of the photo is yours, you still don’t have the rights to the photo)
- use them for any commercial purpose, brochure, banner and similar
The rainy evening in Budapest
Such a lovely bridge this is, I could spend days just taking photos of it. Same with all the other bridges in Budapest. I already know that I will return to Budapest again this year, when the weather is better, so I can take more shots of them :)
I had quite the problem with white balance on this one. The combination of lights and rain made the photo completely yellow and I had to push it down a lot to make it usable. This was first time I tried shooting while it was raining, as my old camera was not weatherproof. The result were quite surprising to me, to see how the rain changed the resulting image.