I was going through my photos, trying to decide what to post today, and I came across this one from the new years fireworks from this year. The photo was a little colorless because of the fog, but I played a little around with the tint, pushing it a little more towards purple, and it became quite colorful :)
This photo was taken at one of the craziest places I ever been, the Metelkova city in the middle of Ljubljana in Slovenia. You just feel like on drugs when there, it’s so crazy. Too bad the weather was just ugly when I was there, so every photo looks grey and boring. So I’m adding at least this one, where there is almost no sky. This was a small stand in the park there, with everything decorated like this.
For today’s process post, I chosen this shot, just taken one sleepless night from the balcony of my flat :)
Then I followed with these edits (layers numbered from bottom up)
1. The combined image from all 84 exposures
2. Recovered the buildings from one of the exposures (I didn’t liked the lights the merging created)
3. Color Efex pro contrast on the sky to add more contrast and detail to it.
4. Added more contrast to the sky
5. Removed noise from the buildings
6. Added detail using High pass filter
7. Color balance to cool down the buildings
8. Added more contrast overall
9. Merged layer with few passing planes removed from the sky
10+11. Added glow to the photo
And that’s all :)