Best vs Worst on Ello?
I’ve been using Ello for a few days now, and there are things I like and things I don’t like, so here is a little list of those:
- wonderful clean responsive design, it can fill up the screen
- high-quality images.. and big, really big
- gif support is really nice
- no ads, no sponsored posts, no suggested posts, even the Ello account posts are in noise by default
- little buggy, my feed stooped updating for few hours today, or better said, its few hours late to show me updates
- easy to miss comments, as there is no notification list
- no dedicated mobile app (but the website is not so bad anyway)
- no way to directly reply to a comment
- invite system
- no preview on links (but this could be also a plus.. as it looks cleaner :))
My overall impression of Ello after few days is very positive, and I’m quite curious if it catches on and keeps growing. Let’s wait and see.
Photographers to follow on Ello
And while on the subject of Ello, yesterday I created a new page on the blog, which is a list of photographers that are already there. So if you are there and would like to have a constant stream of great photos, check the list out, and follow the ones you like.
Also, if you are a photographer, and would like to be included, just message me, or comment on the list with a link to your profile. I’m trying to continually add those who request it :)
The list can be found here:
The photo for today, is of course another one from Switzerland. I took this one on the road, while leaving Zermatt. Of course we shopped on a nearby parking lot, which was so nicely above the city. It’s quite interesting how people live there, on the hills. I think I seen a cable car in every city and every village :)